Monday, June 6, 2011

The last 5 months, plus three more!!!

The last 8 months have been busy. There was working at a fast food restaurant while pregnant (right up until 8 months) cooking a Thanksgiving dinner all by myself and getting a nasty bug and having to talk my husband step by step through finishing that dinner! Travelling to BC for a visit spending an extra week there and then taking a bus back to Ontario (for any of those how may be pregnant and thinking of travelling, take a plane or car, don't listen to the man and his "cheaper" logic!) having a roommate in an already small basement suite, making Christmas dinner all by myself, feeling like a beached whale on my couch, packing a hospital bag, unpacking it to find clothes that fit, packing it again and then on the day you go into labour realizing that you forgot to put important things back in it, like your toothbrush! Realizing half way through labour that it is going much faster then you ever thought it would and then thinking "I should've taken the painkillers when I had the chance!", at least it didn't last long (5 hours from when I woke up to holding the baby!). Moving upstairs came next (trying to lift things and climb stairs two weeks after having a baby and stitches that didn't want to heal, not recommended), then the roommate moving out without any notice on the day rent was due... the only time you should let a good friend move in with you is when you want to see just how good of a friend they really are!!! most of the time they aren't that great of a friend, lesson learned, now I just got to learn an easier way to learn these lessons!!! Somehow we are surviving without a roommate in a place that we really shouldn't be able to afford with no family around and not a lot of friends around either. I will have to admit that it is nice being on our own sometimes though, as much as I miss my family and friends on the other side of the country, we now have to fend for ourselves and learn how to spread our wings as we throw ourselves out of the nest!
Now my son is waking up so I should go tend to him and I will try to post a little more often to keep all updated on the life and times of the Busch residents!

No comments:

Post a Comment